Contests are one of the most powerfully simple tools you can use to engage your fans and boost the growth of your Facebook Page.
Running a contest on Facebook is a fantastic way to build customer loyalty, build your fan count, begin to engage potential new customers, and collect valuable contact information to further your relationship with potential consumers.
However, you should first familiarize yourself with the Facebook promotion guidelines before picking up speed. Make sure your idea complies with Facebook policy, then proceed forward!
Your Contest is Facebook friendly if:
- You’re not targeting individuals under the age of 18
- You’re not offering illegal goods as prizes! (pretty basic!)
- You’re not using a Facebook Page tool as the means of entry and mechanism of voting.
- You use a third party app to collect entrant information and the photos, like TabSite, and contact all winners off Facebook. (like with an email, or phone call, not a wall post)
- You have a disclaimer visible that the contest is not authorized by or connected to Facebook
The Good News?
TabSite’s powerful Contest Suite is 100% Facebook-compliant! Simply use TabSite to run your contest and your good to go!
TabSite has been powering contests for hundreds of brand this year and our suite of TabSite Contest tools just keeps getting better as we release new features!
Key Points for Facebook Contests:
- Keep entry simple. No long forms and to-do lists. Name, e-mail, and Image uploade with Title works great.
- Recognize you need to promote the tab where the contest is reguarly. Not all people will see your post in their news feed, so make sure to post about it a number of times and use other social resources like your blog, Twitter, G+, and email to drive people to your Page Tab.
- Don’t have it run too long! 2 weeks is great, 2 months loses people and interest.
- Include social sharing tools for when people enter or vote. Make sure your contest easily allows those who enter and those who vote to share their entry/vote with their friends. This helps promote virality of the contest! (TabSite has you covered. We make this easy!)
Run Photo entry, video entry, or content / essay entry contests with TabSite where users submit entries for fans to vote on. In addtion, TabSite offers Page Admins the ability to run contests where users do not submit entries but simply vote on the entries that you have loaded. This is a perfect way to get fan input and voting on potential new products, colors, and styles!
Structure your contest smartly from the get-go with a sound third party app like TabSite and you’ll be able to reap the benefits of engaging folks on Facebook!
Try theTabSite free 14 Day Trial now for your Facebook Page!
Full details on TabSite Contest suite of tools can be viewed here.