Excellent writing is vital for any businesses, and especially for their marketing efforts. Here an awesome infographic from GrammarCheck.com. I love this cheat sheet!
Homonym errors – improper usage of words that sound similar, but have different meanings
- Narratives should be written in the past tense
- Statements about stories, movies, and/or books should be written in present tense
Pronoun – noun disagreement
- Singular nouns should be used with singular pronouns
- Plural nouns should be used with plural pronouns
Forgotten (or misplaced) apostrophes
Apostrophes should be used to:
- Create the possessive form of nouns
- Replace deleted letters or numbers
The language used when speaking is far different that language used when writing. Speech is informal while writing is formal.