This week’s infographic is from FastCompany. Here are some social media facts that go against convention.
- 1/10 of mentions come from “power users”.
- Biggest advocates of your brand have the fewest followers.
- There are 6 communication styles on Twitter
- Polarized Crowds – Politics or divisive topics
- Tight Crowds – Hobbies or professional topics
- Brand Clusters – Brands, public events or trends
- Community Clusters – Global new events
- Broadcast Networks – Celebrities and media outlets
- Support Networks – companies or services with customer service
- 53% of Twitter users expect a response from you in one hour
- Best time for retweets is 10 to 11pm
[Tweet “Best time for retweets is 10 to 11pm. via @Mike_Gingerich”]
- Best time for engagement on Facebook is Friday
- The Facebook posts with the most engagement are photos
- People stay the longest and visit the most pages on YouTube
[Tweet “The best time for engagement on Facebook is Friday! via @Mike_Gingerich”]
Every category of posts has their own day for most views and engagement
- Monday is fitness day
- Tuesday is technology
- Wednesday is quotes
- Thursday is fashion
- Friday is all about humor
- Saturday is travel
- Sunday is food and crafts
[Tweet “Did you know Monday is “fitness day” on Pinterest? via @Mike_Gingerich”]
Social Media Facts:
So, what one thing jumped out at you the most? Share below and let me know!