How Facebook Mobile Page Design Changes Impact Managers
Facebook announced yesterday that they were launching a redesigned mobile business page. This change is for all Facebook Pages (fan pages) when viewed on mobile devices.
The announcement by Facebook notes design improvements that give users a better experience and Page Admins more tools at their fingertips.
- A cleaner, simpler look,
- More relevant information up top – such as location and photos – at a glance
- Streamlined and prominent ways to interact with Pages, including actions such as Like, Call, Message, and Share, all of which now appear at the top of Pages
Pictured at right is the existing Page view on a mobile that is going away. The red highlighted area is the primary focus area of the new changes.
What Page Admins Need to Know:
- Higher-appearing pinned posts. Now admins can pin important posts (including offers or videos) from their desktop computers; these posts are now front and center prominent when Pages are accessed on mobile devices
- Easier mobile management, allowing Pages owners the ability to easily switch between public and admin views directly from their mobile Pages/devices
This update does not change anything for users of TabSite.
Tab Apps continue to not be part of the layout offering that Facebook makes available on the mobile site or mobile apps. The key way to get users to a promotion tab is to post the Smart URL in a News Feed post.
With this design, Facebook has eliminated the standalone sections for events and photos and made the News Feed more prominent.
As mobile use of Facebook continues to grow steadily changes like this to offer better user experience on a mobile device are important changes for Facebook to make.
1. Pin Posts – Pinning a post is an opportunity to showcase a key post for viewers of the Page to see.
2. Use Images as Facebook gives them great real estate exposure in the News Feed and users are more apt to engage with a image.
3. Post the Smart URL that is Mobile friendly – >> Mobile URL
Facebook notes that these mobile Page updates are accessible via mobile browsers and the Facebook iOS app. New mobile Pages on the Android app are coming soon.
Images via Facebook.