A few weeks ago, Facebook started testing a cool new feature called Facebook embedded posts. Like lots of you, we were pumped about it, but also a little bummed — because it wasn’t available to the masses yet! We wanted to try it and use it!
NOW it’s available!
How to Embed a Facebook Post
First, find the post you want to embed. Here’s a nice post leading to a new infographic I have on my site…
1) Hover over the post and in the top right corner you’ll see a grey arrow appear. Click that grey arrow, and select ‘Embed Post.’
2) Then, grab the embed code. It’s already highlighted, simply right click and hit ‘Copy.’
3) Then, go to your website’s source code and find the place you’d like to embed the post.
For instance, I want to embed a post on this blog, so here’s our blog’s source code….
Shazaam! Here’s the embedded Facebook post:
Visitors can share right from the post, and if you click into it to engage more, it’ll lead you to Facebook. NICE!
In checking out Facebook’s post about embedded posts, they say, “Currently, you cannot customize how Embedded Posts are displayed on your page. The size of the post is fixed to the same dimensions as it’s shown on Facebook.”
So go ahead, give it a try!
Reasons to use Embedded Posts:
- Grow your Facebook Community by pointing those on your site to your Facebook page
- Engages current fans and potential fans. The more engagement, the more reach on Facebook, the more reach, the more potential to grow your business
- Highlight key events, images, and offers that you are running on Facebook to increase exposure
How will you use Facebook’s new embedded post feature?