To attract traffic and generate leads, there are 2 things you need to do: blogging and social media networking. They work so well together that you won’t see optimum results if you only choose one.
Here’s how to integrate both into your digital marketing campaigns:
Add a ‘Click to Tweet’ Link
Prepare a pre-written tweet composed of a catchy one-liner from your post along with a short summary. If people find your content engaging enough, they can click on the accompanying button to tweet it to their networks. This works because they don’t need to exert a lot of effort to share your content.
Go Beyond Text
People respond to visually appealing content, so add an image to your posts. This image will appear as a thumbnail when the content is shared on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites. You can find free stock photos if you don’t have the time to create your own graphics or the budget to buy photo licenses.
Make Following Easy
Add follow buttons to all your social media pages so people can follow you right away. If they have to leave your blog and look for the button, there’s a big chance they’ll quickly forget about it. If you’re worried about cluttering your blog, opt for buttons that go with your site’s design and brand.
Make Sharing Convenient
People use social sharing buttons to share content on their own accounts. Make sure your blog content has social sharing buttons in a prominent place on the post. The traffic you generate with this method is considered earned traffic. It is much more organic compared to traffic from your own social media channels or paid ads.
Retweet Your Own Tweets
The typical lifespan of a tweet is around 18 minutes, so there’s a big possibility your followers missed it the first time around. So you can easily repurpose old tweets into new ones. Add enough time in between (like a few weeks) so that the tweets will look fresh, even to those who have seen them before.
Share on Social Media
If you can’t produce all-original content, follow the 80:20 principle which is an effective tactic on social media. The idea behind it is to curate 80% of the content from third-party sources and create the remaining 20%.
Make sure to tag the creator of the content you’re curating to let their networks see your post. All of these methods are great ways to attract more traffic, but ultimately, your goal is generate qualified leads, which you can do by directing visitors to your mailing list. Simple additions like slide-ins, pop-ups, or subscription bars placed on your site can grab attention and consequently, emails.
Give people an incentive for submitting their contact details to you. Extras such as free ebooks and whitepapers available only upon signing up can motivate folks to subscribe.
Quality content is still the main ingredient in successful digital marketing campaigns, but it takes social media to spread awareness across many networks. Use these 2 tools and your business’s online growth will be unstoppable.