Your company wants to increase fans, Likes, Comments, and Leads on your Facebook Page and you know that a contest can help…..so which one do you go with?
Each has strengths and each has some potential weaknesses. The key is your end goal!
Here’s a INFOGRAPHIC guide to deciding between:
a Timeline Contest, a App Contest on a tab, or both!
Timeline Contest is best if:
- If you want to launch right away (like today!)
- If you want fast engagement (like’s and comments on a post)
- If you have no budget at all
A Facebook timeline contest will give you fast engagement and can be deployed quickly.
- You want to grow Page likes. (Offers Like Gate to ensure fans like the Page to access the contest)
- You want to capture lead information such as email addresses for future marketing
- You want more design control
- You want advanced features
A Facebook contest on a tab will give you greater control and better lead capture.
That’s the quick overview. Yes, TabSite offers both types;
– TabSite’s Timeline Contest app
– TabSite’s Tab app Contest tools
Want more information? Continue on..
Advantages of a Timeline Contest
- Quick and easy to setup, simply create a post!
- Fun way to engage fans & visitors
- Free to run
- Runs totally in News Feed where users spend the most time
- Offers way to increase your Reach and Engagement
- The more Reach and Engagement, the more potential to grow your community
Disadvantages of a Timeline Contest
- Cannot collect email addresses
- Cannot have a Like Gate to ensure entrant Likes your Page
- The Page cannot re-share the post easily to tell people about the contest multiple times
- Need to post or link to full rules and the required release of Facebook’s responsibility for the contest, which can be cumbersome to do in a post
- Without email address, it can be harder to notify the winner
Advantages of a Facebook Tab App Contest
- As noted, gathering email addresses is significant for future marketing
- More design and branding control for the contest
- Can ensure Like Gate is in place so entrants/voters become fans of the page
- Contest has a “home” on Facebook so it is easy to share and link to for promoting
- Rules and Terms have simple way to be displayed, viewed, and accessed
- Great user experience of seeing all entries, voting, and sharing a entry you like
- Can be accessed on Facebook or also off of Facebook on a web page
- Can integrate other tools such as a Instagram Image contest
Disadvantages of a Tab App Contest
- Requires entrants to click from a post to go to the tab
- Takes more time to setup, add graphics, and customize to deploy
- Typically is going to cost at least $19-$30+ dollars to run
- Requires use of the Smart URL to overcome Facebook mobile limitations
That ‘s the low down!
Want a step-by-step guide to learn more and run successful Facebook Timeline Contests? Get our eBook!