For content marketing to work effectively, you need this copywriting cheat sheet to know how to write for each type:
- Website: Write with your brand’s voice. Optimize copy with relevant keywords, links, and meta tags.
- Email promos: Present a compelling imagery. Use short sentences for better impact. Add a call to action (CTA).
- Email newsletters: Use longer copy, and divide content into short sections. Add a CTA.
- Blog: Write as if you’re having a conversation. Be more relaxed to be relatable.
- Social media: Tailor your content according to the platform.
Twitter: Shorten links and stay within 140 characters. Abbreviate if needed, but do so sparingly.
Facebook: Ensure content is easy to share. Ask questions to engage users in the comment section.
Instagram: Make the photos tell a story. Tag locations, then add short captions and related hashtags.
Pinterest: Use an interesting headline. Be creative with your descriptions.
LinkedIn: Be professional. Back claims with reliable sources.
Thanks to our friends at Verticalresponse.com for this informative infographic.