Like email, blogs look like they’re here to stay for a while longer. Since the very first blog post published back in 1994, blogging has come a long way in the 24 years that followed. Thus, don’t neglect blogging in 2018. These fast facts show that blogs still have a big place in people’s hearts:
- By 2020, United States will have around 31.7 million bloggers. Think of how many people you can reach if you have a blog as well!
- Half of the first 200 of the Fortune 500 companies have a corporate blog. If blogging is good enough for these industry giants, then it should be good enough for you, too!
- Around 53% of bloggers are 21 to 35 years old, a.k.a. the millennials. If your brand’s target is the millennial generation, you can connect with them through blogging!
- As many as 77% of internet users read content in blogs. Failure to blog means failure to interact with 3/4 of the total netizen population!
- Unfortunately, 55% of readers scan a blog post in 15 seconds or less to see if it catches their fancy. This means you’ve got to make a really good first impression!
- But that’s okay because you can grab attention with creative titles plus interesting images. Note that blogs with photos get 94% more views!
Thank you WebsiteBuilder.org for this great infographic.
Content marketing is an effective way to reach your target audience by offering relevant content that addresses their needs. There are several ways to market content, and one of them is blogging. Here are some tips you can try to succeed in blogging:
Keep sentences short, simple, and direct. Or if you need to use longer sentences to better explain a point, make sure to mix the length. The goal is to make content readable for most people.
You don’t have to publish an entry every day, but maintain a schedule so that people will know when your blog has fresh content. Posting at least once a week is fine.
Add buttons for Facebook, Instagram, etc. There’s no surefire formula for content to become viral, but you can make it easy for people to share it on their social networks.
Our thanks to WebNetHosting for this informative infographic.
Engaging content has a high potential to be shared, but you need to be proactive to convert that potential into actual results. Here’s how to get more shares on your next blog post.
Share your new content across all your social media sites and automate the process using a tool like Hootsuite.
- Results tracking
Determine what strategy works by using Google URL builder which tracks where visits come from.
- Blogger outreach
Connect with influencers such as popular bloggers to get your content shared on their own sites or social media pages.
- Catchy titles
Grab attention with compelling titles, such as titles with exact numbers or strong words.
- One-click sharing
Provide buttons to different social media sites to allow people to share your content without leaving the page.
- Visual supplement
Add photos that look great on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and other sites that support images from shared posts.
- Quotable quotes
Insert original one-liners to share on Twitter as teasers.
My gratitude goes to Jessica at BloggingBasics101.com for this wonderful infographic.