Like email, blogs look like they’re here to stay for a while longer. Since the very first blog post published back in 1994, blogging has come a long way in the 24 years that followed. Thus, don’t neglect blogging in 2018. These fast facts show that blogs still have a big place in people’s hearts:
- By 2020, United States will have around 31.7 million bloggers. Think of how many people you can reach if you have a blog as well!
- Half of the first 200 of the Fortune 500 companies have a corporate blog. If blogging is good enough for these industry giants, then it should be good enough for you, too!
- Around 53% of bloggers are 21 to 35 years old, a.k.a. the millennials. If your brand’s target is the millennial generation, you can connect with them through blogging!
- As many as 77% of internet users read content in blogs. Failure to blog means failure to interact with 3/4 of the total netizen population!
- Unfortunately, 55% of readers scan a blog post in 15 seconds or less to see if it catches their fancy. This means you’ve got to make a really good first impression!
- But that’s okay because you can grab attention with creative titles plus interesting images. Note that blogs with photos get 94% more views!
Thank you WebsiteBuilder.org for this great infographic.