Like email, blogs look like they’re here to stay for a while longer. Since the very first blog post published back in 1994, blogging has come a long way in the 24 years that followed. Thus, don’t neglect blogging in 2018. These fast facts show that blogs still have a big place in people’s hearts:
- By 2020, United States will have around 31.7 million bloggers. Think of how many people you can reach if you have a blog as well!
- Half of the first 200 of the Fortune 500 companies have a corporate blog. If blogging is good enough for these industry giants, then it should be good enough for you, too!
- Around 53% of bloggers are 21 to 35 years old, a.k.a. the millennials. If your brand’s target is the millennial generation, you can connect with them through blogging!
- As many as 77% of internet users read content in blogs. Failure to blog means failure to interact with 3/4 of the total netizen population!
- Unfortunately, 55% of readers scan a blog post in 15 seconds or less to see if it catches their fancy. This means you’ve got to make a really good first impression!
- But that’s okay because you can grab attention with creative titles plus interesting images. Note that blogs with photos get 94% more views!
Thank you WebsiteBuilder.org for this great infographic.
Content marketing is an effective way to reach your target audience by offering relevant content that addresses their needs. There are several ways to market content, and one of them is blogging. Here are some tips you can try to succeed in blogging:
Keep sentences short, simple, and direct. Or if you need to use longer sentences to better explain a point, make sure to mix the length. The goal is to make content readable for most people.
You don’t have to publish an entry every day, but maintain a schedule so that people will know when your blog has fresh content. Posting at least once a week is fine.
Add buttons for Facebook, Instagram, etc. There’s no surefire formula for content to become viral, but you can make it easy for people to share it on their social networks.
Our thanks to WebNetHosting for this informative infographic.
This inspiring infographic on how to create compelling content comes to us from Copyblogger. It’s ideal to write about what you know, but when you’re experiencing writer’s block, you have to look for something new to inspire you. Here’s what you can do:
Pick Other People’s Brains
Interview an authority figure, ask readers for ideas, hold a brainstorming session with your friends and peers, or curate a list of your top 10 favorite blog posts. No time to write? Invite a blogger to write a guest post.
Make Data Work For You
Content doesn’t always have to be written from scratch. Make a case study, write a review, tell a relevant personal story, or list the dos and don’ts for achieving success based on your own experience.
Get Out There
Inspiration strikes when you least expect it. Take a walk, watch a movie, go on a trip, start a new hobby, or just do something different. New activities will stimulate your creative juices.