You probably have a ton of content on your website, I know I do. How can you capitalize on that older content? This infographic from ExpressWriters gives you a little nudge to start now.
There are many reasons to repurpose web content:
- The number of people listening to podcasts of repurposed content is growing yearly.
- Tweets with visual content receive more clicks, favorites, and retweets.
- Presentations with visuals are 67% more effective.
- An infographic is 30 times more likely to get views compared to an article or blog.
- Content repurposed into a video is becoming the new frontier of growth-oriented marketing.
Content can be repurposed through many online platforms and media channels. However, out of all the social media networks, Twitter should be a main focus.
Studies show a business or individual can use Twitter 5-30 times per day to increase exposure. Going viral on Twitter is much easier than Facebook because of the immediate traction it receives.
The easiest and best ways to repurpose content include:
- Making a presentation
- Turning old blog posts into guides
- Using original evergreen content
- Creating infographics from written content
- Hosting a podcast based on a blog post
- Turn content into powerful videos
Once the content has been repurposed use a tool like SlideShare, YouTube, Social media, or List.ly to spread the content and share the updated and upgraded content piece with the world.