Here’s a very important infographic, 11 Essential Ingredients of a Perfect Backlink. Backlinks are one of the most important parts of search engine ranking.
Search engines look at incoming links from other websites to yours when determining search engine page rank. Thus, it’s important that your site gets high-quality backlinks based on these standards:
- High authority — When sites with .edu and .gov domains link back to your site, search engines see this as a testament to your site’s own authority level.
- Relevance to your site — Incoming links should be related to your site’s content to make them count.
- Social media activity — People linking back to your social media content increases the importance of your site to search engines.
- Targeted pages — For better ranking, links should be connected to specific pages in your site, and not just the homepage.
- Fresh links — Older links don’t have much weight as newer ones, so don’t stop looking for opportunities for backlinks.
- Lastly, don’t forget this: The more interesting your content is, the higher the chance it gets linked back to.