Effective social media marketing is characterized by these 6 easy steps:
- Read/watch – Don’t go by titles alone. Read the article or watch the video before sharing it on your social media page to ensure that you agree with what it’s saying.
- Familiarize – Different social media sites have different purposes, so find out what’s the best posting approach for each one to maximize your online marketing.
- Know – Relevant content keeps your target audience engaged over the long term. Know your audience well so you can post content they find interesting and useful.
- Check – It’s easy to mix up links when you’re using URL shorteners. Make sure the links in your post are not only working fine but also directing to the right page.
- Acknowledge – If you didn’t make the content you’re sharing, give credit where it’s due out of courtesy. You’d want the same thing when someone else shares your original content on their own page.
- Proofread – Some typos are downright embarrassing. There’s a difference between “public” and “pubic” so double check your grammar and spelling before posting.
The internet never forgets, so it’s better to be safe than sorry when sharing content on social media. Check out the awesome inforgraphic below by Red Website Design for more details.