The blogging field is highly competitive. Every day there are more and more companies creating blogs on every topic thinkable, because of this it can be difficult to have your content stand out to readers. The best way to make sure that your article gets a reader’s attention is to optimize your posts to perfection.
Let’s take a look at how to write a perfect blog using this incredible infographic on how to write the perfect blog post found on SocialMarketingWriting.com
Have the perfect title
Titles must make a big impact on readers. It is the first (and sometimes only) thing they see that makes them decide if they want to read the article or not. Keeping this in mind, it’s a good idea to follow these four rules:
- 60 characters maximum
- Draw attention using negative words and/or numbers (i.e. 6 Reasons Your Business is Failing)
- Use a keyword in your title, and optimize it for SEO.
- Keep the URL short and include the optimized keyword.
Focus your content on reader interest and SEO
While titles make a big impact, the content is what’ll get a blog post found and shared. Catering to SEO will help your post be found by search engines. Then of course, if your content is engaging and interesting, a reader is more inclined to share it on social media and to read more of your posts.
- Longer posts (especially over 2,000 words) are better
- Have high-quality images
- Use keywords in both the post and Meta description.
- Adding links builds credibility.
- Connect with your reader – write your posts to be helpful or emotional. This makes the content interesting and worth sharing.
- Use a call to action at the end of the post (i.e. Contact us today for all your marketing needs!)
Keep them coming back for more
Even if your post is perfect it is still a challenge to get readers to come back to your site or to share your content. This is why it is imperative that you make it as easy as possible for them to do so. Try these 3 tricks to increase the chances of getting them back to your site.
- Add author bios to the end of each post
- Have a clearly visible option for them to subscribe
- Use share buttons for all major social media sites
Don’t leave anything behind
Ok so you know how to write a perfect blog, great, but that’s not the only thing that can drag down your engagement. It’s also important to give focus to social media and website design. Some of the most important things to consider include:
- Building social media followers
- Paying attention to analytics to learn what works best
- Have a clean website design
- Publishing posts at high traffic times
Rinse and repeat
Always remember that consistent quality content is the core of attracting and also, keeping readers. Use an optimized title to capture attention, make sharing and subscribing convenient for the reader, and finally, make sure the website is optimized and the article is shared to social media.