Valentine’s Day is coming soon. Are you ready?
Valentine’s is an important holiday for business!
- $18 Billion in sales happens, second only to Christmas (Nat. Retail Federation)
- Average amount spent per person for Valentine’s Gifts is over $131 (Forbes)
- Restaurants can feast!
- Overall, 38% say they plan to go out for dinner on Valentine’s Day. For those who are married, that number jumps to 45%. (Forbes)
- 50% of Valentine gifts are purchased in the last week before February 14! (Source)
- In 2013, the average man planned to spend more than twice as much as the average woman on Valentine’s Day. (NRF 2013)
TIP: Tweet these Stats!
Tactical Tips for Retailers:
- One Size DOES NOT FIT ALL – Target your Marketing to Niche Segments
“Bombarding shoppers with irrelevant, one-size-fits-all messaging and offers will be the death of retailers this Valentine’s Day. ” said Daniel Toubian, principal consultant for U.S. retail and consumer brands at Maxymiser. Read more: Maxymiser Valentine’s Day Study
- Most men shop late for Valentines, so you still have time!
- Free Shipping is a “most desired incentive” for those making purchases (Maxymiser)
How Can Your Business Quickly Roll Out a Valentines Deal on Facebook?
Need something quick and easy for your Facebook Page this Valentines season? TabSite offers businesses the power to offer a Facebook approved Deal on Facebook Pages. (See Apps)
1. Identify your ideal buyer first! – Male? Female? Age?
2. Identify the time when this audience is on Facebook (Use your Facebook Insights to view data about your fans)
3. Use Language in your Posts and Tab that connect with that audience! Different words, even slang, connect with different demographics.
4. Solve the Problem that your ideal buyer has in deciding what to buy! Men need the gift fast, easy, no hassles. Women will spend more time thinking through the gift they plan to buy! (See below – full details here >)
5. Repeat this process for Ideal Buyer Type #2 and #3! Yes, it can be so important to run not just one campaign, but 2-3 unique campaigns each designed for a specific audience!
Ideas for Promotions:
1. Timeline Contest to win a Valentine Gift Card (Do it all in 1 day!)
2. Easily create and launch a discount code for online use, or a coupon or a discount on specific products that fans can bring in to your store to make their Valentine purchase.
3. Offer a “Dinner for Two” Giveaway contest via a Sweepstakes App
Yes, Valentine’s is a romantic holiday, and, yes, this is a post related to the digital side of business sales geared towards that romantic holiday. How else does digital tie into the romantic side of things?? Well, in case you needed to know this, Logitech did a survey and….
21 percent admitted to damaging their
tablet or smartphone while being intimate!
– Complete weird study results here >>