This infographic comes to us from SocialMediaToday.com
What is an emoji and what does it do?
Emojis were created in the 90s by a communications company in Japan. They are an evolution of typed facial expressions 🙂 and are used to express emotions.
Why Does Emoji Marketing Work?
- Our brains process images 60,000 times faster than text
- We consume 5 times as much information than we did 30 years ago
- 63% of social media is comprised of images
- We consume 34 GB outside of work every day
- The average adult loses concentration after only 8 seconds
We live in a fast-paced world. It is vital to attract the attention of your audience as quickly as possible. Emojis are fun, engaging, and can get your message across very quickly.
- Engage the customer
- Make sure the emoji is relevant to the subject
- Keep it simple
- Get to the point