Video content on social media sites is gaining popularity, so you may be tempted to dive in right away. But before you do, here’s what you need to know about social media videos on each specific platform.
- It’s the most used platform for video marketing, attracting around 55% of marketers. A total of 1 billion hours of content are watched by users every day.
- It’s the best platform to use if you want your videos to appear in search engine results. Popular videos on YouTube rank well in Google.
- Videos on Facebook have a 6.01% average engagement rate. The platform amasses more than 4 billion views on its videos daily.
- You can share links to YouTube videos on Facebook, but it’s better to upload videos directly because native content has higher priority.
- Sponsored videos get thrice as many comments as sponsored photos. Top publishers are leveling up video posts by 90-100%.
- The platform is ideal for e-commerce stores because it has features for making online selling easier.
- An average user spends almost an hour a day on the app, and users as a whole view a million videos daily.
- Vertical videos work better on Tiktok because most of its users access them on their mobile phones.
Learn more here: Social Media Videos – 10 Things You Have to Know.