Valentine’s Day is this weekend. Are you ready?
- This Valentine’s day sales are expected to reach $18.9 billion, second only to Christmas (National Retail Federation).
- The NRF is projecting the average amount spent per person on Valentine’s gifts will be an average of $142.31.
- And with this Valentine’s Day falling on a Saturday, restaurants will be standing room only. It’s estimated that $3.6 billion will be spent on restaurants and movies.
Here’re some surprising facts that may inspire your Valentine’s Day marketing.
- 21% of people that own pets will include them in their celebrations.
- Men spend twice as much on Valentine’s Day as women.
- Adults 25-34 will spend the most money on Valentine’s Day.
How can you take advantage of the Valentine’s Day sales?
Send out a quick Valentine’s Day Deal on your Facebook page using the approved Deal on Facebook Page app.
- Identify your buyer. Are you targeting males or females? For Valentine’s day, you may have a product for females, but need to target males as they are going to be the buyers. What age is your buyer?
- Use your Facebook insights to identify the time when this audience is on Facebook.
- In your Deal, use the language that will entice and connect with your identified audience. Your language will be different for a female audience than a male audience.
- Solve your buyer’s problems. This week, men will need a fast, easy gift. Women spend more time planning their gifts; they may have already purchased, but this maybe a great time for a trip or special event.
Ideas for Valentine’s Day Facebook Contests and Promotions:
Use the Photo Contest App to have the entrants share their homemade Valentine’s cards and gifts. Or have entrants take a photo of them using your product or service that they love.
Use the Essay Contest App for a “Love Letter” contest. Have entrants write a few lines about your product or service.
Use the Timeline Contest App for a fill in the blank contest.
- If my life were a romantic movie it would be _________.
- The best love some ever written is ____________.
Use the Coupon app to create and launch a discount code for online use, or a coupon/discount for in store products purchase.
Use the the Sweepstakes app for a “Dinner for Two” giveaway.
See How to Create a Facebook Marketing Campaign for a Tab Coupon for details.
There’s still time to get in on Valentine’s Day sales. Use TabSite to help you market quickly and professionally from your Facebook page or website.